Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Healthy Smoothie Time!



Hi again! 

Today's post is all about a Healthy smoothie i have been looooving!
The past few month my husband and i have been really trying to eat as clean, green and healthy as we can. 
This smoothie has become a must have every morning in my house.

 I am kinda terrible about eating breakfast!
 I know the importance of it, but sitting down and eating a meal soon after i get up in the morning just doesn't work for me. 

I grab my big cup of coffee and i drink that till i start to feel hungry, which is usually lunch time. 

I knew that that wasn't good for my body so i decided to start making quick and easy breakfast smoothies!
Is it just me or are eating smoothies so much fun?
I actually look forward making them in the mornings, for my husband and i, because they are just so fun to make!
Maybe its turning all the healthy, not that great tasting food, into a suuuper yummy drink! 
Who knows! 
Anyways!

There is really no limit or guideline to what you can put in your smoothies.
But here is, in my opinion, the basics you need.




A leafy green, i use spinach. 
I have been wanting to try kale, i think i will after i use up this huge bag of spinach up.

Yogurt, i like to use greek yogurt, it makes the smoothie have a really nice thickness.
I switch off between 2 different kinds of this, plain and vanilla. 
The vanilla has a bit more sugar and calories in it, but sometimes you just need a bit more sweetness.

Milk, soy, almond, rice or even skim milk, something a bit healthier than regular, but whatever works best for you, or a sugar free juice.
 My husband and i loooove almond milk, we go thru it so quickly in my house!
I try to switch between almond milk and juice every other day, changes up the flavor a bit and just makes the milk last a bit longer.

Flax seed meal, just ground up flax seeds.

Chia seeds.

And of course, fruit!
My favorite is bananas!
My hubby loves mango! 


Fruit is a must for our smoothies, but you can of course leave it out, it still tastes great!





Doesn't it look so good! I wanna eat the picture! 

Sometimes i even eat another for lunch because it is so good.

Its so easy to fancy up too, you can add all kinds of things.

Thanks so much for reading! 
Please let me know if you give this recipe, or any recipe, a try and let me know how you like it! 




RECIPE:

1/2 cup plain greek yogurt. 
Sometimes i do 1/4 of plain and 1/4 of Vanilla, depending on my sweet tooth.

1 BIG handful of spinach.

1 banana. 
When i am thinking ahead, i cut one up and put it in the freezer at night, thickens it a tad, but usually i am to lazy. 

1/2 cup Almond milk or Juice. 

1 tbsp Flaxseed meal.

1 tbsp Chia seeds.

ENJOY!








 photo kynasig_zpsbcae98d0.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment