Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Homemade All Purpose Cleaner!



Hi Hi!

Today's post is going to be my all purpose cleaner recipe!

If you are like me and have been trying to replace chemical filled cleaners in your home with non chemical or less chemical filled ones, then this post if for you!

 I have been using this stuff for a couple months now and am loving it! 




Ok, so what you will need is:




Not pictured:
Spray bottle (preferably a glass one but all i had was plastic)
and Water!

That's it!

Now the alcohol is optional, i add a splash of it because i am a huge germaphobe when it comes to cleaning, well in general really, but specially when it comes to the cleanliness of my kitchen and bathroom! 
This stuff works great without it tho, so don't worry if you aren't comfortable adding it.

The stuff in the mason jar is castile soap.

Mix into the spray bottle:

*1 Cup white vinegar (if you only have apple cider vinegar, that will work too)
*2 TBS Liquid castile soap.
*Splash of  rubbing alcohol (optional)
*About 20-30 drops of an essential oil of your choice. The one i used was tangerine.
*Fill the rest of the bottle with water.

And your're done!

You should give it a couple shakes before using and you should also store in a cool dark place (essential oils oxidize in sunlight)

I looove cleaning with this stuff!
It smells amazing and works so good!
I also find myself using at least half the amount of product as i would with a store bought cleaning spray!

If you have little kiddos in the house, here are a few essential oil choices that are "generally recognized as safe" for internal use by the FDA. 

Lemon
Grapefruit
Clove
Peppermint
Oregano 
Thyme

Hope you all enjoyed the post!
I love sharing my recipes with you all!
Be sure to let me know if you end up trying it out and how you like it!

Thanks so much for reading!








 photo kynasig_zpsbcae98d0.jpg






No comments:

Post a Comment